Manual Handling Collaborative
How to Contact us
Address: Lifehouse, Summers Road, Brunswick Buisness Park, Liverpool, L3 4BE
Phone/ Fax Phone: 0151 296 7750
Fax: 0151 296 7749
Monday –Friday: 8.30 am – 4.30pm
What we do
- Assessments for Liverpool Community Health staff and Social Services staff for safer manual handling.
- Assessments for individuals and their own caregivers for safer manual handling.
- Provide equipment, advice and techniques to promote safer manual handling.
- We have a satellite store of manual handling equipment and a large selection of slings; we are able to issue equipment to people immediately, therefore reducing the risks posed by manual handling activities without delay.
- Run weekly advice sessions for staff and members of the public regarding safer manual handling.
- We provide training in the safe use of all equipment issued. This service is used by a variety of carers who are involved with any one individual.
- Children's hoist and sling assessment service.
- Provide Safer Manual Handling training courses for all LCH staff.
- Provide specialist Manual Handling Workshops to LCH staff with a specific interest.
How to access our services
- We welcome referrals from Liverpool Community Health staff and Liverpool Social Services staff.
- We welcome referrals from other organisations e.g. care providers within the Liverpool area.
- We also welcome referrals direct from the public. Please telephone us and we will be able to take a self-referral. Advice sessions are also booked this way.
- Liverpool Disabled Living Centre hold regular open days at Lifehouse; someone from our team is usually available at these to offer advice, and to accept a referral from you.
Please either ring, email or fax for a referral form
We provide comprehensive Manual Handling training for Liverpool Community Health staff; this takes place in an excellent and spacious training room. Team learning events can also be arranged through the Learning and Development Unit.
Specific interest/technique workshops for staff are booked through Learning and Development Unit and advertised via the PCT Communication Bulletin. Examples are:
- Moving and Handling of the growing child
- Bariatric Moving and Handling
- Lower Limb - posture during treatment and dressings
- Care of patients in double beds
For more information about training workshops please contact Kathy Williams, Manual Handling Trainer via the e-mail address or telephone number listed at the top of the page